Momma and I had a great visit yesterday afternoon with the children. We had about 3 hours solid to play outside in their large outdoor play area. First we had a revelation about clothes - they're definitely a 3 and 4 instead of 4 and 5 so they'll get to grow into their clothes. M's shoes were way too big, but D's tennis shoes fit great! After we got them warmly dressed in clothes that fit, we were off to have some fun outside in one of their outdoor play rooms, and then all over the place outside.
You could hear M screaming Babooshka, Babooshka all over the place. How is it that it is love at first sight like that? We definitely have a Grandma's girl on our hands. It was so neat to see how much M has come out - we picked up right where we left off. She was coming to me to take her to the potty, prancing around just like was at the end of our last visit. And, she was hardly without a smile ever - a quite mischievous smile many times. The sunglasses I brought were a hit with both children, but M wanted no part of trying D's superman glasses - she liked the girlie ones.
D was quite fun - having a great time driving the car (in the drivers lap) multiple times around the orphanage. He really enjoyed that as well as prancing around with various push toys. He was disappointed that the bicycles were out of commission.
Both of the children absolutely loved looking at my pictures from the first trip - happily showing off the pictures of themselves and posing for new pictures - and coming to see the digital screen after to see what they looked like.
After our visit last night we went to the grocery store and I definitely provided entertainment for Momma. We decided to eat dinner from the store, so I bought breads (they have a lot of fresh baked kinds) and cheese and butter. Momma had wanted to bring boiled eggs for our trip, so I thought I was finding just what she wanted when I found boiled eggs - 10 minute eggs in the store. They sold them in plastic bags like we would buy produce. When we got back to the room and set out our spread, I discovered that the boiled eggs were actually zero minute eggs - au natural......the 10 minutes was 10 eggs. Oh well, our translator will enjoy them I'm sure. We went to bed exhausted, but had a great day.
Tomorrow is court and they said to expect it to be difficult. Please pray that I share from my heart exactly my love for D and M.
2 comments:
We will all be praying for you in court. They will all be able to see how much you love these children. You will do fine.
Kayla
Hi, Markay and Babooshka! Sounds like you and your children are having the best of times! SMILES!
Court will be a BLESSING for all of you! You will be so thrilled with all that OUR GREAT MASTER has planned for your family! We are eagerly waiting to hear all of the "GREAT THINGS THAT THE LORD IS DOING"! BIG SMILES!
We love the way that you are sending so many details! It is almost like being there! Please continue to give us all the news! MORE BIG SMILES!
We are also asking GOD to grant you and Babooshka strength and grace for all of the adventures! HUGE SMILES!
We are with you by sending our LOVE and PRAYERS, Suzette and Ted E., too
Post a Comment