Forgot to put an interesting tidbit in the blog yesterday. I have an unusual pair of children - they're both 50% on both height and weight on the growth scale for American children. They were obviously in a good orphanage, but since they're really still pretty much in a size smaller than their ages I figured they'd be on the lower end of things. Guess that means American children are getting bigger. Since they're eating pretty much adult sized portions now, I suspect that they might move up a bit on that scale!
The process - travel, chasing preschoolers, etc. has been a dietary experience for Babooshka and me - Babooshka has lost 5 pounds and Momma has knocked off 9 - she didn't need it, but I'll consider it a side benefit. Maybe it'll keep up a while!
Daniel and Maria have an unusual diet for American preschoolers (that's what they are now you know!). Here's what they've eaten today so far:
Breakfast
Oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt drink, whole grain toast, and hot tea
Snack
Pear and Banana
Lunch
Borsch, Whole Wheat Bread, Salad, Brown Rice, hot tea
Guess you know how Momma's dropping weight now, huh?
Bobooshka is off to take Aunt Elena to the airport and back to Fort Worth for her. It has been nice to have her here to help the children transition to their new home by hearing it in their own language. Bet a lot of new parents don't get that privilidge of getting a glimpse into the hearts of the children. Daniel and Maria asked if we were going back to the Detskey Dom when we got in the car to go to the pediatrician yesterday - no, they weren't wanting to go back there! I was sure glad to be able to have her tell them that they were NEVER going back there - well, maybe they'll want to go when they're older but hopefully much older.
3 comments:
I am hoping they can keep you eating Borsht. The fact that it crossed your lips is something I never thought I would hear! Hopefully they will start getting more of a routine to include sleeping at night soon.
Kayla
Great updates! Thanks so much.
Joy,RR
if it makes you feel any better, Brannon's kids are in the 25 percentile of size...so yours are TWICE as big:)
dee
Post a Comment