Wednesday, October 1, 2008

They're still cute and adorable

D and M were just as cute as ever this morning. We had to go for a very thorough interview first about my ability to be their mom and my financial state. There are very good reasons to follow Dave Ramsey guidelines if you want to adopt international. They seemed to be very concerned about the mortgage situation, and I was glad to say I only had 7 years left on paying off my home!

The children were playing outside with their group when I arrived and you could tell they were expecting me. D was quite excited about the prospect of his babushka being there - he even went to his friend and hugged her and danced around proud to have a Grandma. The workers at the orphanage were very surprised I had such a young looking mother.

The orphanage doctors are afraid that I will have a hard time keeping D in shoes - his feet grow way fast. Hopefully the cool light up size 13's that the Brown's (Robert and Melissa) gave him will fit fine - I know he'll be stomping to show them off (they light up). We will see this afternoon, but I know they will - can't have grown that much since July! They loved bubbles and the balls, balloons, and stickers that they did last time. M seemed very excited to have her Momma there! D sort of acted shy, but it was a great meet up again after the long wait.

Left them with some new sunglasses and I do expect that we'll be seeing lots of them - they loved them. Hopefully I'll have more to share later.

It is way different coming here without Aunt Elena! It is much harder with the language barrier, but things are going well.

9 comments:

liesel said...

Loving your updates! Can't wait to see pictures!

Kristi said...

Don't be so sure about those shoe sizes. They do grow fast! Tyler wore a size 5 when we moved here 9 months ago. He is now wearing a 9 1/2!

Kristi

Carson's Mom said...

Thanks for the update. You are going to have to find a place to call or your Daddy is not going to let you keep your traveling companion for a second trip.:) Hopefully they will hook you up today.

Kayla

Suzette said...

We are so happy to be able to travel along with you on this super adventure! Surely we are all seeing the GREAT HAND OF GOD at work! This is such an encouragement to our FAITH (Fantastic Adventure In Trusting Him)!Thanks for taking us with you by posting all of the fun and happy details! Love and PRAYERS, Suzette and Ted E., too PS We hope that you get hooked up so you can call your daddy! I know that he is eager to talk with both of you traveling ladies! BIG SMILES

Carson's Mom said...

Dear Aunt Markay,

I hope that M & D like Grandma and I hope you get to bring them home soon. Kenna and Momma and Carson and Daddy and I hope that we can soon meet them.

I love you.
Callan

Gay Lynn said...

I am glad that D and M are soon to be here. I cannot wait. I know that Reagan will be excited to have children here in Baton Rouge to play with. One thing of which I can be sure, if Daniel's feet grow too fast, he can always get some "hand me downs from his Uncle Bryan". It will be nice to have new feet to trip over in our family - this is your payback for calling my feet skis when I was younger.

I sure am glad that Daddy got to talk to Momma - I was starting to think I might have to volunteer for the next trip - Momma may have been otherwise occupied for your second trip.

Carson's Mom said...

Aunt Markay,

How is it going? How are D and M? Did Grandma give them a big hug? Are they having fun? Are they glad to see you? Were they sited to meet Grandma? What are you doing with them?

Love,
Kenna

Shelley said...

So glad to read that you are finally reunited with your kids. Now, you have to include a post about how your mom did on her first plane ride since 9/11 and what she thinks about Russia!

Can't wait to see pictures of mommy and her kids!

orphans4me said...

Great update. I will enjoy continuing to follow your adventure.
Joy,RR