Monday, October 6, 2008

We're home until next Sunday

Rough trip from D&M's region home and back. Yesterday made for a 24 hour day of travel by the time all was finished. We were semi-zombyesk by the time we got home. I was up at 3 AM washing clothes and cooking to put some things in the freezer for our return - beans in the crock pot and brown rice (ok....its what I had). Thinking the crock pot will become my friend here very soon.

I leave at 6 AM for Tennessee tomorrow until Friday before being home for 1 day and heading back to pick up the most precious packages ever in Russia next week!

Did I mention on the blog that D had surgery in August? Noticed a scar that I hadn't back in July and asked. I'd known he needed it when we returned home, but it never occurred to me that they would do it - and that I wouldn't even get to know about it! I'm so thankful that we have all been praying and that God knew and took care of things. It will be interesting when we get to the pediatrician here to see if both issues were taken care of at the same time. Sure hope so!!

I'm so grateful to the Lord for such a great first leg of this trip and know that He will see us home to get started with our lives together as a family.

No comments: