Friday, October 3, 2008

Call me Momma!!!!!!

It is official. Court went great this morning, and I am the children's mother.....hmmmmm....not sure if I can use their real names or if I have to wait until the 10 day wait is over. I'll ask and post it later if so.

Basically, everything went very smoothly. Everyone was in favor of things going through. The chief doctor was very excited about the D and M being adopted - even said the children have asked if I was on every plane that they saw! I'd not known that before. She said they've done so much better - and are more confident since they have a family now.

The two government officials I met last time and this were also in favor of the adoption. Even the prosecutor asked only a couple of questions about what I thought about the parents who murdered their Russian children after they brought them home. I said that we should put those parents under the jail. It is horrible!

I shared a book of pictures of the children and I along with their rooms and our home. The judge noticed that D had on glasses in the photos and asked the doctor why she had not mentioned his eye problem. I told her those were Momma's glasses - I brought them sunglasses to play in this time. She was very observant.

We go in the morning to take them to get their passport photos and then head back for Moscow after. October 3rd will always be a special day! October will always be a special month!!!!!

God is good! This is all a great gift from Him! I can't wait for the journey to begin for real when I finally pick them up!

8 comments:

Carson's Mom said...

Congratulations Momma!!!!! We are all very excited for you and can't wait to meet the new additions!

Kayla

Boomer said...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Markay, It is awesome to witness your love of God and God's response!

Boomer

liesel said...

I'm so excited! You must feel wonderful!

Suzette said...

YIPEE! Thank you, GOD! What a BLESSING! THIS IS JUST TOO EXCITING! Love and PRAYERS, Suzette and Ted E., too

Carson's Mom said...

Dear Aunt Markay,

I am very glad everything went OK at court. But I am sorry that you can't take them home this trip. I love you and I love them too.

Love,
Callan

Carson's Mom said...

I just got my Halloween costume. When D and M come they can eat candy for Halloween. Then they can come to Grandma and Papa's and have Thanksgiving and Christmas. They will get to meet us and me and M can do hair - with hairspray. We can do Callan's hair. Then they can meet all of our family and you can give us kisses. I love all of you.

Kenna

Shelley said...

Congratulations!!!

genmoss said...

yay!!! How awesome is that?!?!?!