Woke up yesterday at 3:30 and got up. Today it was 1:30....at least I had to get up at 4 anyway to head up to Tennessee for work for the rest of the week. Perhaps when you're home only 1 week before switching time zones 9 hours again that you shouldn't worry so much about the day and night times....well, that is my theory and I'm sticking to it.
Before I left for Russia I couldn't find any winter things for D and M - hat, coat, gloves, etc..... nice to be going to Tennessee where they do actually have a winter. Was blessed with a ton of 3's for M since she decided to stay small, so won't be frantically tracking down clothes for them.
It is so hard to believe that this time next week I'll probably be not sleeping when I'm supposed to be (just like now) but this time in anticipation of picking D and M up in 5 hours for the last time from the orphanage. That will be a great time and one that I'm really looking forward to!
There are definitely fewer things going to Russia this trip - we brought way too much luggage - I'd rather hold little hands more comfortably. I'm hearing from other parents that are about D and M's age (4 and 5) that they still put them in strollers for particuliarly challenging or long trips. These are definitely not stroller children, but I'm hoping it helps them feel more secure that Momma will take care of them in unknown situations - particuliarly in Moscow where there are tons of people rushing around everywhere. Any thoughts from you experienced moms?
1 comment:
We went to Disney World when my boys were 2 (2 weeks from being 3) and 6 years old. Even at 6, Justin rode in the stroller over half of the time. As far as I can tell, he wasn't scarred for life.
Post a Comment