We leave for home tomorrow and we're all excited. The children are both napping which is a rare treat. They slept one night for about 15 hours - napped straight threw, but bedtime has been difficult for both of them. Last night it took us 6 hours of rocking, holding, back rubbing, etc. to get Daniel to sleep. I'm so grateful Momma is here and plans to stay for a month or so after we return. Hopefully that will be enough to make it manageable for one - please pray for us as we adjust - that this will get better!
We went to the U.S. Embassy yesterday and did the paperwork for the Russian Consulate today, so we're just about ready to go home.
We had a special treat today. Maria needed a haircut badly. It was on our list of things to do soon after getting home, but they have a beauty salon in the hotel so we decided to go for it. She has the cutest short cut and the young lady who did it was so sweet with she and Daniel. I took pictures of this, but unfortunately can't seem to find the cord to connect at the moment - these computer time moments ARE brief! She's adoreable - and had the cutest princess smile while she was on her perch getting it cut. We couldn't have done this in the States. And, big brother appeared very proud - and quite interested in getting his fingernails painted! The lady explained it was not for boys, but I've seen what happens to little boys when they have girlie girl sisters and cousins!
These children are eating GREAT - definitely in adult portion sizes, but they don't eat like typical American children - they love fruits and vegetables, salads, yogurt, applesauce, and raisins are a particular favorite. They ate beet salad for lunch with rasberry crepes and soup. Momma and I have both lost weight on the trip (perhaps limited food AND a very active sibling pair we've been chasing) , but they're eating like there's no tomorrow. Oh, and it is really fun to watch them drink a whole pot of hot tea like they're grownups - well, sort of! At first Daniel would put his food down while playing with something else and Maria would gobble it up...not now.....he's taking hers!
We get home tomorrow night at 7 and we're looking forward to it!!!
Aunt Elena is coming Saturday night as well and will be helping with ground rules of the house, translating for their first pediatrician appointment on Monday, and perhaps even making their first visit to their future preschool. It was such a blessing to have her travelling with me on the first trip with her native Russian, and I know Daniel and Maria will be very happy to see her again.....so will Momma and Babushka!
4 comments:
Hi, Markay and Babooshka!
Oh how wonerful this sounds! HOMECOMING! WOW! What an adventure that you have had! We go from smiling to sighing and sometimes crying just to read of these precious children having this super opportunity of being so loved!
Even with all of our challenges the GOOD OLE USA is still the very best of all. You will probably want to kiss the ground upon getting back to American soil!
We just keep saying that GOD is so GREAT to allow this little brother and sister to remain together. They will teach many others the sweetness of love and gratitude!
We continue to send Love and PRAYERS,
Suzette and Ted E., too
Markay,
I'm so glad your journey is almost at an end and you'll be back HOME with your kids. And I'm glad you have someone who can speak Russian to help you out when you get there. I know you are as busy as can be--may God give you strength to do what He has called you to do.
Joy
Hi Markay,
I am so glad that the kids are doing well. I bet you all are so excited to be coming home!! I can't wait to meet Maria and Daniel. Please email me and let me know what day would be good for me to bring a meal. We get back from our trip to Gulf Shores on Tuesday afternoon.
Take care & have a safe trip back!
Nicole
Now the real fun starts! Markay, I know that God is going to bless you and He will meet your needs. I have been praying for you!
Robbie
Post a Comment