We got to go spend several hours with the children again this afternoon. It was more fun - stayed a few hours and the hits of the afternoon were the Ipod pictures of them and bubbles. It is amazing how much M likes to do those. I believe she has a one bottle long (with no spills) attention span on that! That's a lot for a 4 year old plus 1 week old child!! This afternoon all of the children in their group kept calling me Momma and wanting to be picked up. Miss M got very jealous when I did it, but it was hard not to. Of course, she'll get plenty of me here shortly! Anybody want to get a little Russian boy or girl?
Our driver took the whole group in the van for a ride around the orphanage. They loved it. Of course, D got to "drive" every time. It will be hard for him to wait until he's 16 I can tell. He definitely has a thing for "machinas" (cars) already - guess that will make him like any red blooded male! I'm thinking he's going to be wanting to "drive" a tractor and a truck with his Paw Paw come 3 weeks from now!!
I've not been able to post any pictures this trip - no flash drive connection. I'm not sure I can post pictures of them until I have custody of the children, so it will still be a week and a half or so. I've got some really cool kids with their supercool sunglasses that I can't wait to share. Mom's the photographer this trip, so I won't be in many of them from this trip.
Court is in 13 hours, so I'll likely be able to give a happy report about the time y'all wake up in the morning! God is good, so there's no reason to fear now. Next time I write, I'll be a Momma!
3 comments:
Markay,
I am so excited for you! Good luck in court. We were nervous at first too, but ours went better than expected. Don't worry, it will be fine!
Nicole Grille
Wow! It sounds like a great orphanage-I'm so impressed with the treasure hunt. Sorry, I'll be sleeping (I hope) at the time of court but I'm praying right now. I'm sorry it might be rough. May God give you the right words to speak.
Joy
Wow!! Thanks for the updates. I am definitely praying!!! I love hearing all of the details...and the kids sound so happy! However, my heart is absolutely breaking for the other kids... Can't wait to hear more!!!
Post a Comment