Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Update

We managed to have a great day, but left for church and never returned home until after church tonight - a quick supper and off to bed without any complaints but I guess Maria was so tired she fell out of her bed (1st time in a little over a week) and didn't even make a sound - just went to sleep on the floor where she fell on top of her new toy broom - really comfortable spot as best as I could tell!

After church we went to visit some friends that hadn't gotten to meet Daniel and Maria yet. They had toy microphones and we had two stars set to perform. They wanted us to get over so they could sing for us. We obliged, and Mrs. B let them get up on the coffee table so they were really primed for a starring performance. We got multiple renditions of "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" - even stopping a couple of times to tell Momma not to sing with them. I knew they loved the song because I WAS the CD player for a while, but it was amazing that they knew every word and that they were happy to sing it so articulately (and with very sweet smiles) for someone they'd just met. I've about decided that neither of my children is shy!

And, another interesting find came after church when Momma decided to whip up a really quick supper to try to stick with their normal bed time. I decided to get out the vienna sausage, crackers, and a banana. Daniel ate the vienna sausage! What a surprise that he passes on turkey, hot dogs, chicken....and eats THAT! I'm thinking that perhaps we're heading toward eating REAL meat.

2 comments:

Carson's Mom said...

You have to worry about a boy that will turn down steak and eat viena sausages- YUK!:)

Kayla

orphans4me said...

So good to drop in on your blog and see all the progress in your kiddos in such a short time.
Joy,RR