Saturday, January 10, 2009

I love the weekends!!
















Started to title this one - thought I had a son and a daughter. This morning I thought I had two boys. After the rain, we went for a bike ride, then came back to play with sidewalk paint and chalk. Daniel and Maria both poured their paint after a few strokes and experimented every sort of way with hands and feet in it - at some point we were on to snow angel style painting....of course, all the while with Maria still in bicycle helmet. Yes, I have pictures. We had a picnic outside and it was a half to come inside and leave their clothes at the door. They were a mess. I'm pretty sure I NEVER got that dirty as a child - at least I don't remember it, but it is getting to be a couple of decades ago (no laughter from the peanut gallery!). They headed straight for the bathtub and the green went straight through to Daniel's knees....and the water turned green, too!










We're going to give up on naps on weekends because it just isn't something they'll do. So, we're watching a little TV to give Momma some rest....watch 'em ask for a nap....I can hope, huh?!?

2 comments:

Pegsy said...

What crazy kids you have there! Good for you, letting them make a mess and have fun like that! I'm afraid I'm so practical that my kids rarely get to do those kinds of things!

markay714 said...

Letting them isn't exactly what I'd call it. There's one of me, two of them....one does it and it is a done deal (and pointless to close the barn door after the animals escape)! We work on hoping that after they know what it feels like they won't want to do it next time - it generally works that way. They came here having very limited experiences and they like to do full immersion in glue, paint, playdoh, and other stuff like that. We're improving, but we have a ways to go!