Friday, January 9, 2009

Sleep Patterns.....Momma was Stupid!!

Tuesday night Maria was so excited that she couldn't sleep. It came from a good thing....we'd had a great evening that night and she was clearly too excited to sleep. She came to lay on the couch, wandered around, and about 2:30 or 3 I finally gave her some benadryl and she finally went to sleep in my bed. Bad mistake!!!!!! The next night, she was so excited that she didn't have any trouble sleeping but her cohort, Daniel, woke up at 5 and and came to sleep with Momma....something they've not gotten away with until this week for 2 months! I was already awake, so I let him get in bed with me, he fell asleep, and I got up for the day. Tonight, I decided to give them a break from their melatonin for the weekend. How stupid! We've been in and out of bed for the past hour and a half. I went and got the melatonin but they're still not asleep. Momma has learned her lesson. We WILL be sticking with our bedtime routine and there will be no sleeping in Momma's bed! Sure hope the consequences of a moment of weakness don't last too long!!!

I'm so glad the weekend is here. We get so much more time to play together. I'm disappointed that rain is in the forecast since they love to play outside and ride bikes. Sure hope that they'll be sleeping a lot later since they're going to be late. I'm not a fan of their very early wakeup times on the weekends anyway, so we shall see.

2 comments:

Carson's Mom said...

Ha Ha Ha- you almost deserve the early wakeups for all of the times you have gotten us up WAY earlier than we wanted.:) Hopefully they will sleep late for you in the morning- at least till 5 or so.

Kayla

markay714 said...

It works out nice that they wake up too early Monday through Friday, but we definitely have some training to do to get them learning to sleep til at least 7 on the weekends!