Saturday, January 17, 2009

My big girl's in her new bed

Maria is rocking and singing to herself in her new bed - hopefully well on her way to her new bed. Its been a fun day...thought I'd share a little of the fun:

1) Been meaning to mention that Daniel has learned sign language from Carson. Last Sunday they were talking about signing and Daniel piped in with his "more" doing it exactly like Carson. He's been doing it all week for more.....more goldfish.....more volume on the TV.....more kisses. He doesn't miss a thing!

2) In the Daniel doesn't miss a thing, we'd been over at our friends, the Luke's, two weeks ago. When we went back today Daniel immediately went and turned on their fireplace and wanted to roast marshmallows. If you don't want him to remember something forever, don't let him see it!

3) Daniel loves his sister to be with him. Maria was playing with the Lukes while he went to his friend's birthday party. He did not want to go and cried all of the way over there. He was instantly cured when he saw the jumpy thing in the back yard of his friend. It ended up being a good chance for him to learn to trust his mom to always go back and get he and Maria. There's no way I'd leave them for long. I'd miss them way too much. I keep going back to that same spiritual lesson from them on this. God has such good plans for his children yet how often I want to fight with Him over it wanting to do what I want to do right then. I had really good plans for Daniel for the afternoon yet he couldn't trust. When will we both learn to trust!

4) Maria is so fine with playing with Momma's friends and their dogs! And, she's an entirely different child when Daniel's not around. She's a content little girl - with Daniel or without...playing by herself or with cousins or friends. Its neat to see that she pretty much came here being herself. I love it!

1 comment:

Pegsy said...

I so wish I could meet your sweet children! Maybe someday that will be possible...

I keep needing to be reminded about the trust thing too, so mention it whenever you can! Glad you had such a fun day.