Definitely a rainy yucky day here. So, we went to Skate Galaxy today - knowing they had an indoor playground and I thought we'd see if they were interested in skating. Maria not so much on the skating, but Daniel was fairly pleased with himself. He fell.....a lot....but he kept at it until he was pretty decent skating on the carpet (the hard surface is totally another animal). But, they loved the indoor playground. It was by far the biggest they've played on and I'm guessing they never even knew such as that existed!
Maria had wanted to swing in our backyard today and was definitely not interested in going any place else....cried all the way to Skate Galaxy. Knowing that they were going some place way better than our backyard and knowing that the rain wasn't leaving our backyard a fun place to play, I wish that Maria trusted me more.....that I want to give her good things. I couldn't help but wonder how often my heavenly Father thinks the same thing about me. I've heard children teach you a lot of spiritual lessons and that was mine today. It wasn't the first for sure.
3 comments:
....nor will it be the last.
Very interesting... I never thought of it quite that way. I usually just get mad at my kids when they whine and cry and don't trust me. If I thought of it differently, maybe I could be more patient... God is certainly patient with me - I don't think I've fully trusted Him for many years...
Pssst! You won the giveway for the poinsettia question I had a few weeks ago! Check out my blog!
Post a Comment