I figured stud finder would be a more fun title, but we've had a great time with new haircuts last night. There's a kid haircut place called Snipits here that has cartoons and fun stuff all around. Daniel had asked to get his hair cut - just didn't want it almost shaved like at the orphanage. He got a cool do that he can spike up in the front. Momma immediately was concerned taht she might not know how to do it, but he clearly was pleased. I'm not sure why I worried because when I did it wrong this morning before school he let me know I'd done it wrong and quickly fixed it proudly just like the lady had done last night! Momma will learn how from Daniel I expect!
Maria just got a trim - we're really trying to get hers to grow out but wanted to get it neatened up a bit. I looked up and she had a single ponytail on top sort of tilted to one side with a cute pink bow on it. This was while Daniel was getting his hair done - two stylists creates some minor issues. Anyway, Maria was delighted and Momma's hoping that the ponytail wasn't to cover up a bad haircut or something. It was interesting that neither stylist really asked what MOMMA wanted and while Maria and Daniel are learning English fairly well I doubt that they were able to give instructions that they people that don't know them well could understand. It was fun - and I got in my aerobics switching between watching excited children.
We stopped off last night to get two new alarm clocks so that Momma can get some sleep. Daniel and Maria will have alarm clocks to tell them not that they have to get up but when they CAN get up. Didn't work perfectly on night one - Maria was up at 2 and sent back to her room. Daniel made it to 4 AM. Both went back to sleep and Mom did, too. So, hopes are high for an end soon to the waking up too early stuff. I'm not sure what happened because they'd been sleeping until an almost normal time but that is not the case this week! Momma will be ready for a weekend chance to catch up on a little R&R (ha ha - even I don't believe that!!).
Now, for the stud finder story. This morning Daniel found the stud finder that I'd stuck up high after hanging some pictures. Obviously it wasn't high enough. I showed him how to use it this morning before school and he checked out quite a few walls. We got in tonight and he picked up right where he left off this morning. I can almost tell you where every stud is in the whole house. He really enjoyed checking it out and getting the beeps and we knocked on the walls to hear the sound difference where the studs are as well. I can't believe that I've got a young engineer (or contractor perhaps) living in my house - I'll get to really explain what I do for work to somebody that will enjoy it soon. It thrills me to see how curious he is.
Maria is not quite so interested in that stuff....she looks to be headed for a career as a vet or pet groomer perhaps! We went to Pet Smart tonight and enjoyed playing with Reagan (their dog cousin per Aunt Gay Lynn - and about as close as they'll and some other people's dogs, the fish, rats, and more fish. Who knew that a place like that could provide such great places to work on English - we're trying to learn over, under, top, bottom, beside....so while they were quite entertained we were learning the connecting to words to this great vocabulary they were learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment