......Santa Claus brought my young musicians each a CD player. After having had to sing "Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes" incessantly with Daniel and Maria for the last week without any CD in the player (they quickly wiped out with messy fingers the ones that Santa brought) I ordered another couple of CDs. I put it on the player in Maria's room and quickly discovered that it was time to dance, do motions, and everything else they could think of. This WAS supposed to be wind down time. Now they went to get the electric guitar to supplement their musical abilities....oh - and we had to totally clear the floor for dancing (one way to get the room to stay clean I suppose).
Its an hour until bedtime. I'm hoping that they'll want to come sit with Momma in the living room and chil out a bit....so far that hasn't happened. It WILL here in a few minutes....it is time to wind down! Its fun to be able to ask questions about what is new to them now. They never "danced" before they came to America - so this is a new experience. They love doing songs with motions or going in circles, etc.. Momma definitely needs to expand her repertoire as I feel like I'm a CD player with a repeat button - one they don't mind pushing repeatedly. Oh yes, it is fun though!! I do enjoy singing and playing with them!
1 comment:
Markay, you are such an inspiration to all of us mommas who are so weary that we've forgotten how to delight in all the fun, crazy things our children do. I love reading everyday how everything is so new and fresh and exciting for the 3 of you! Don't ever lose that!
Post a Comment