Daniel really doesn't eat much - he'd rather play and stuff. I'm trying to be more creative with my presentation. Last night we had a snowman supper - a face of mashed potatoes w/ pieces of hot dog for the eyes and mouth, a piece of string cheese for the nose, and ketsup for the ears (I know it isn't much for the ears, but he will just lick ketsup up with his finger and I did want him to at least have something he liked on his plate). Anyway, he tried the string cheese and liked it and requested more, so there was some progress. I'm trying to think of creative ways to get him to eat more foods - he might find he likes some. We tried string cheese with our breakfast and Maria wanted hers cut up like a nose, but Daniel wanted his whole but .....didn't eat it. As they say, it is all in the presentation (or how hungry you are) I guess.
Daniel eats and is pretty much maintaining his weight, but it is with ZERO meat, plenty of yogurt, bananas, crackers, and a few other things. Oh, to be way more interested in other stuff than eating like Daniel is!! Won't be too bad if he keeps eating to live instead of what most people here do - live to eat!!
I'd love your ideas for fun food presentations! I know Aunt Gay Lynn can probably help us with a Mickey cutout or two. Hmmmmm.......
No comments:
Post a Comment