Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lots of Successes today!

One of these days, Momma is going to learn that there is no need and nothing to gain from worrying about things. I'd worried about separating Daniel and Maria. Did I ever worry for nothing - and I'm already seeing some benefits. Daniel's been quite creative with his play - tonight we had a puppet show while he played the harmonica with his red rubber boots on. If he hadn't had on such ugly pajamas and if it wasn't wind down time for a ham (momma's fault on the jammies) I'd have definitely needed to have pictures. No. He didn't do that when it was the playroom - not sure why, but he didn't. Maria still enjoyed finishing out the day in Momma's lap in the rocker and we both enjoy that time virtually every night.

I'll have to add a picture later... too tired tonight, but too fun not to share. Today was Wacky Wednesday at preschool for Daniel. I'd had to ask what they were supposed to do and heard that it was really a child directed thing from a book they read, but that some were going to wear shirts wrong side out, mismatched shoes, etc. I asked Daniel what he was going to do really expecting that he didn't understand. He responded quickly that he was was going to wear one of my shirts. He wore one of my Tech shirts over his clothes, and I'm sure he was the proudest little guy in his class. Hard to believe in less than 3 months he's picked up English so much that he knows when they're having fun in his class and how to participate.

What an encouraging week it has been!

No comments: