Monday, January 5, 2009

A few tidbits from getting back to regular life

It was nice to get back to our regular schedule for school. Daniel and Maria both seemed to have a good day, but Daniel did come home with a Maria inflicted scratch on the face. Somehow when Daniel gets scratched all of those around when it happens say he deserved it for tormenting Maria. I'd say she gets her money's worth when she's had enough from the two times I've seen results of "enough". Somehow I've not ever been around for payback. Perhaps we'd better cut those nails. They do play rough but quite happily most of the time. It is fun to watch.

Last night after being eaten out of house and yogurt, I had to resort to the large plain container that was originally purchased for my health conscious mother who never ate it. I put a couple of M&M's in it to make it tolerable for them knowing I couldn't imagine eating it at all! Who knew I was messing it up for Maria? She left the M&M's and ate the yogurt. Daniel loves the yogurt and the M&M's. We had to have yogurt again tonight with soup for supper (saved a grocery store visit after work!). Maria's was just plain old plain old and she was only too happy to eat it. Daniel wanted the special treat again in his.

Dinner is more fun all of the time - getting a bit less wild. They both have learned "God is great. God is good......" and love doing our blessing multiple times. We had a little conversation in English tonight with .....a lot of happy smiles. Maria was just full of smiles and you could tell she was exuding joy. They often come whisper "Amen" after the blessing in my ear. Tonight she was about to bust and I figured that she was coming to whisper "Amen" 10 minutes after the blessing. But, after a couple of deep breaths where she couldn't express what she wanted to say, she gave me the sweetest kiss on the cheek and went back to her chair smiling ever so sweetly. Think she said it loud and clear - she's a happy little girl feeling pretty blessed to have a home. Her momma feels the same way about Daniel and Maria. I'm so grateful God called me to this....and with such special children!!

3 comments:

Carson's Mom said...

The huge scratch came from a straw- and yes, he did deserve it.:) Boy aren't you lucky that your children will eat yogurt rather than you having to cook each night.:)

Kayla

markay714 said...

He has a straw scratch and a fingernail scratch to match on his face. She doesn't do anything halfway. This one is on his face!

I fixed soup, too! Of course, Gay Lynn gave it to me already made and I just had to heat it up, squish the crackers in it, and say the blessing! That's cooking now!

Pegsy said...

You must be doing something right to be getting such sweet kisses like that! :-) I love hearing how happy your children are!

Sara scratched Sky on the face when he was a tiny baby. That's a story for another day, but he still has a scar on his face from that. (It's very faint and really only I can tell it's there.)