As usual when we worry, there was really nothing I should've worried about. It went fine although ODD does not adequately describe it. It was supposed to be an 8 doctor medical visit. The only thing that was remotely like some American thing you'd expect was the visit with the psychiatrist. The main visit was with four doctors sitting behind a table with notes. They asked what surgeries I'd had. They wanted to know why I had a knee replacement, but that was about it. They asked what medicines I took, one came around and checked my reflexes and had me follow an object with my eyes. A different doctor came around and checked my blood pressure and listened to my heart. Finished that's it! The building was so old, there'd be no way my physician friends could stand practicing here. I'm sure Earl K Long is at least 100% nicer than this was.
And, the documents are now complete. I'm really waiting on the Russian government to be able to send paperwork to and from Moscow back to their region to set the court date.
Got to send a card and some Moscow postcards to the children via the translator for the medical exam. I'm hoping I can send some letters with pictures periodically - as I work on their playroom, pictures of me and them from our visit, and things like that. I do pray that time goes by quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment