Hopefully this will work since I have been given the task of updating. Markay should have access to an affordable internet cafe soon, but until then I (Kayla)will be updating.
Here's a quick summary of random observations:
1) I'll be drinking very little. They had a hole at one stop for gas. No, I didn't go!
2) Customs checked nothing - didn't even ask any questions, but it was a TOTAL ZOO. Everybody rushes up to a line with no order. We were the last ones through off of the plane - just can't bring myself to cut.
3) The ride to region is very long and rural. The engineer in me was amazed that they apparently run overhead steel lines for their water service lines! Shocking! Oh - and they paint it whatever color they want in front of their house!
4) The ride is scary. They treat a two lane road as a four lane - assume the slow cars or trucks move to the shoulder, pass as they please, and the ONCOMING car is faithful to move over to their shoulder to allow for said passing.
5) Elena is a huge help. OK - I'd be dying without her!
6) The hotel is not air conditioned, but we're on the 6th floor so I'll be sleeping with the windows open.
7) Delta's wonderful for flying over - we could watch movies on a screen in front, listen to lots of variety of music, track the plane's exact location and miles to go, altitude, etc. Very cool!!
8) The bathroom in the hotel will definitely have to be part of my picture scrapbook. Actually the whole hotel will make for some interesting pictures.
9) Got dark at 11 PM or so.Hear they've told the children I'm coming tomorrow.
Markay
No comments:
Post a Comment