Moscow is very different than the region. We got back last night, and so far all is fine. Have high speed internet in the room here, but the juice is all gone out of my laptop and I didn't bring the three prong to two adapter that I need to use my converter (It only has the two prongs).
Yesterday was another great visit with the children. When we went up to see the children, M had on her new dress from the day before - think she liked it, huh? We gave her the new ponytail pretty bows and she immediately took those off and put on her pretty new ones. Then we gave D his new clothes (5's) but they absolutely swallowed him. 4's it will be I think. He's much bigger than her, so I'm back to thinking they're really in 3's (her) and 4's (him).
We went out to play and I gave them nectarines - they'd never had anything like that but liked them. M said she liked that better than the banana, and she loved the banana. Isn't it going to be fun to experience so many new things with them?
D had expressed some fears about riding in a car, so we decided it'd be a good time to get our driver to take us for a ride. D was scared to go at first, but after a 1/2 round, he was cured! He wanted to keep going.
They picked more mylinka (Russian for rasberries) around the orphanage grounds and we played out in the yard for a couple of hours. The doctor came out to visit us and noticed that D had a little bit of a runny nose. When I took him back up they gave him a pill - he took it without any water or anything. Guess we won't be needing to worry about any liquid (nasty) medicines with these children - definitely thought that was interesting.
The leaving was the worst part. It happened suddenly when I just brought D back to use the restroom - and all of the children were sitting down to eat a little early. I sent him to eat and went back out to get M where we were all playing with Elena and the translator. When we returned D was sobbing because he didn't want Momma to leave. He just put his face on the table and cried and cried. Momma cried too. I assured him that I loved him and was going to prepare for he and M to come home but I would come back as soon as I can for them. I pray it is soon for all of us!
We had a 6 1/2 hour drive back to Moscow - definitely different. I see things so differently now - looking at everything as to what D and M are going to think....what they'll want to try......definitely will need help getting them home!
Off to the medical exam in a couple of hours.....definitely not looking forward to that, but really the trip ended for me yesterday. We'll sightsee and I'll enjoy it, but I cannot even imagine things going as well as they have. All of my paperwork reaches Moscow today, so I'll be ready for court when I complete the medical exam today!
No comments:
Post a Comment