Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More Paperwork

Got to file my court paperwork request yesterday. Got it by email at noon and had it notarized, apostilled, and out by FedEX with pictures for D & M by close of business for FedEX at 7. It is SOOOOO nice to work about 3 miles from the Secretary of State. For those of you that aren't initiated into international adoption - the apostilles are generally a real pain to get - have to go to a notary then send off the documents to the state capital for the state to put a really pretty seal on things saying your notary's seal is valid. I've been to the Secretary of State's office at lunch no less than 10 times since January for various documents. Most people wait and take a long drive or hire a courrier to go to their state capital periodically. What a blessing to live and work so close to this office NOW - and its awfully cool to be able to do it at lunch!

Can't let my children be waiting for me for anything! I'm not sure who's more ready for them to be gone from that orphanage and on to their new home - them or me (and I KNOW D is ready to get home!). I'm having such a great time remembering what a good trip it was - sort of have a permanent smile attached now.

No comments: