Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My new hobby

I've decided that if I'm going to expect my children to learn English, that the least I can do is do my best to learn enough Russian to help them until they do. I've bought the Rosetta Stone software in Russian to see if I can do some good. They put a 6 month money back guarantee on the software, so hopefully that means I'll be fluent by September....ok....functional. Elena definitely spoiled me, but it will be fun for the children to see how much their mother has learned between the last visit.

So, my to do list until they arrive - getting kind of booked:
Get Playroom ready
Exercise more -they're energetic and I want to be able to play EVERYTHING with them!
Learn Russian
Get a swing set put up in the back yard -
Get an extra door or gate put up between my backdoor and the swimming pool
Make sure I have some clothes, underwear, shoes, etc. for them to wear on the trip home and for a couple of weeks afterward (sure hope they're summer and early fall clothes - no cold weather gear will be needed I hope - especially not for Russia!!)

Looks like I won't be having my time to watch TV these next few months!

Its amazing how much my thoughts and plans are changing already - I got mushy this morning when a sticker came off on my clothes in the washing machine - one of many that they'd stuck on my shirt in Russia - sure wished they were with me now to put another 30 or 40.

3 comments:

Carson's Mom said...

We don't want cold weather clothes-I don't think the cousins (Callan & Kenna) can wait that long- OK, Aunt Kayla can't either. I sure wish they would hurry!!! Patience is not a virtue I want to try to perfect.

Kayla

orphans4me said...

Oh Markay, I'm so sorry I haven't been following your blog. It is great and your love for your children is so very evident. They sound wonderful. Hope you get to travel very soon to bring them home.
Joy, RR, adopting Roman

genmoss said...

Oh my goodness!! I am bawling about the sticker thing. I think I would have just lost it at that point..haha!