We got to go back after lunch to visit the children some more. We got to dress M in her new little pink flowery dress that I brought. It fit, and went perfectly with a little hat that I brought. She loved the hat and the dress. She went and told the painters next door "I am beautiful". I almost cried. Playing hard in the ball pit she lost a pony, so Momma had to redo it. Got my first lesson, but definitely need some lessons from Kenna on such things! M is something else. This afternoon the caretaker asked us about where her doll was - apparently she'd wanted it after all! Of course, that was quickly remedied! We didn't know, but she'd kept the animal cracker box they'd emptied and we'd put in the trash. She'd filled it with Teddy Grahams and was carrying it around like a toy - occasionally eating one, but mostly enjoying the box. Later in the afternoon she made a point of going to share with all of her group members - one each. The caregivers shared more out of what we'd brought for them yesterday. When I saw how sharing she was, Momma shed her first tears over her sweet little girl!
D is a hugely affectionate little boy. He's going to whip me into shape for sure! He played this game of riding his bicycle from one side of the orphanage to the other and calling "Momma" at the top of his lungs. I'd run over - shower him with hugs and kisses and he'd ride to the other side and do it again. D's trying to teach me a little Russian. Elena noticed right off that he's trying to talk slower to sort of show me how to do it. I'm figuring that he's going to learn English a lot quicker than I'm learning Russian.
Afterwards we went clothes shopping - D's the absolute biggest child in the orphanage and his clothes don't really fit him. So, we went to purchase some 5's for him to tide him over until I can bring him home. OK - we had to get his little sister another outfit, too, (and some cute, ponies!). D's going to do great. I'm continually more impressed with how great the children are doing - how wonderful this orphanage is! Any parent would be blessed to get one of these much loved children only missing a family to love them!
We do get to see them tomorrow before heading to Moscow for the dreaded medical exam on Friday, a little sightseeing, and a return trip on Sunday. I've finished all of my regional paperwork, so I'll be praying for a quick court trip. I hate to wait too long - heard today August or September, but we'll see about that - praying for quicker.
2 comments:
I can't wait for you to bring my new niece and nephew home. They are absolutely a gift from God to our family. You will be a great Momma.
I am hoping it will be early August for the next trip. We need them home before the holidays this year. It will not be as much fun without them.
Kayla
Post a Comment