Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Part 2 - Very unexpected, but interesting

Well part 2 was different than I expected, but great fun. We went up and M came up to me immediately with a sweet smile on her face. I had her kookla (doll for you Russian challenged - ok, I'm Russian challenged. She held it semi-sweetly but not close for sure, and ran off to get her hair fixed up. She came back with ponies - 3 of 'em that would make Kenna proud! I got to help she and D put on their shoes and we got to head out to play. Well, then we went outside to these really neat outdoor playrooms they have - three walls with murals painted on them and a giant wooden playpen and benches in them - lots of room to play.

Miss M quickly went to get the REAL toys out of my backpack - far more worried about D's big crane, the slinky, and anything unrelated to a doll in any way. It took about 2 minutes to discover that she is highly unlikely to ever touch that little doll again - or any doll. She loved to swing, slide, pick berries, and other stuff - either with D or by herself sharing her latest discoveries. We got to stay 3 1/2 hours tonight - all by ourselves. She's cute, has a stubborn smile, but Kayla was always concerned that her daughters would grow up to be cheerleaders - I'm not thinking that concern is one that I have. M seems to be her own little girl - plenty of stubborn to go with the rest of the family, but definitely content to do her own thing. I'm a blessed Momma.

D showed off his bike riding skills - he's definitely headed for a two wheeler in no time. M is still too small for the "big" bike he was riding w/ training wheels. Mom will definitely be back in the biking business soon. Its going to be so much fun. And, Grandma and Pawpaw, these children will absolutely love the farm! The explored every place on the orphanage grounds for cherries, rasberries, and some grape things.

Was disappointed to find out this afternoon that I probably will be busy Thursday signing paperwork to say that I'll accept them and won't get to visit. I'm praying that is not true. I want to spend every minute I can with them. It is going to be so hard to have to leave them here.

2 comments:

Jennifer L said...

Thanks for the updates, Markay! I know you must be excited beyond words at finally meeting your children and discovering their unique personalities. I've been praying for you each morning before VBS, and I can't wait to meet them myself very soon. Take care! Jennifer L.

Carson's Mom said...

We are in trouble if she and Kenna start doing hair together. We better hide anything that cuts or marks permanently. I can see them now with their duel big barbie heads.

Kayla