We've had a fun time this weekend - mostly chilling out. Reagan is visiting us, so there is always ready entertainment for now. Here are a few details of things I've learned from them this weekend:
1) They've picked up the 2 index fingers crossed like an "x" sign from school. Something reached up and grabbed Maria and Daniel quickly "x-ed" it out for me. I rolled. Of course, he saw a cross on a church as we were driving around and he thought that was bad, too. Then, when he saw one at church this morning he had to run check it out - we had some teaching to do that the cross was a wonderful thing for us - and something good. Obviously the first of many such cultural misunderstandings.
2) We went shopping for flowers to plant in our flower bed on Saturday. I was so proud of how great they shopped. We had to walk through an area of breakable stuff to get to the flowers and I asked them to put their hands behind their back. They did a great job of enjoying the store with their hands right where they were supposed to be. We got and planted our flowers - blue petunias.
3) Tonight we were reading a card that said "Take a Bow", so we learned how to take a bow and curtsey. We had to practice applause and bows and curtsey's - fun stuff.
Another week is off to the races!
No comments:
Post a Comment