Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Speaking of flies on the wall......
.....it got even better the last hour before bedtime. They were in the bathroom playing tiger (yeah - more training is needed....they should be playing bulldog!) - complete with the overturned laundry basket acting as the gate. It was sounding a little rough so I decided to play a little of the Russian kids music that Aunt Elena had sent for Daniel and Maria. They immediately noticed it and the computer had to go on top of the tiger's gate. There were a lot of play it agains as I was trying to download it into ITunes, watch the show, and keep the music going. Daniel went and got a pillow on one song - got down on the floor to sleep after turning off the lights. Obvious questions emerged - yes, they went to sleep to that song. The lights went back on and the dancing started again for another song "Oblaka" and I was thinking it was about a dog - nope, a horse. The tiger's den became a horse stable right away. And, unfortunately, I don't know what song evoked this response, but I'll be testing it again. I turned on one song and immediately I had two children strip down to their underwear and doing a vigorous dance - not at all the quiet wind down time I was aiming for! They had to go to their rooms (they call them Daniel's class and Maria's class - a little bit too much school and haven't gotten the bedroom name down yet) to have more room to dance. I got enough of an explanation to know that they would listen to that song at the orphanage and dance in their underwear. They love America, but it definitely brought back memories for them for sure. I enjoyed them enjoying it....we'll definitely be doing it again. And, yes, I will be asking for more details when their language gets even better. They'll probably be glad that I didn't take pictures tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so interesting how they responded to the Russian music like that! How special to re-live those memories with them! Sounds like a fun night!
Post a Comment