Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Rainy Morning

This morning I heard Maria crying - she'd fallen out of bed. I went to tuck her back in and realized that Daniel was awake from a storm as well. Soon we all ended up in Momma's bed....never to sleep again this night. They kept running to the window (w/ blinds fully open) to watch the rain and lightning. I've learned when there will be no more sleep for anyone and this has definitely been one of those mornings.

They've been playing and had breakfast a long time ago as well. Now, Momma gets to watching them coloring - they've been doing it quite a while. Daniel's coloring the left hand side of the book and Maria the other. Daniel's giving her the occasional instruction to "Stay in the lines" and they are clearly enjoying coloring together.....turning the page and doing the next one. That's worth waking up early to enjoy.

1 comment:

Pegsy said...

Such busy little children! Good for you to enjoy such an early morning - I would have just been cranky!