It is so fun to spend time with Daniel and Maria and then leave the room. Tonight, Daniel and I read about Curious George and the Dump Truck and he is still in his bean bag closet reading and counting ducks. I wouldn't have invited flies to watch me try to get up and down in there with my currently very stiff knee...not a pretty picture. Daniel loves Curious George and likes reading about his adventures - of course, George has nothing in common with my sweet little Daniel at all!
Maria and I read Green Eggs and Ham - they read it at school this week and even ate Green Eggs and Ham. She read it again after I walked out - saying things with the same emphasis Momma had - not quite as interested in reading the same book as much as Daniel. Maria was on to the stud finder, her baby doll, and "Goodnight, Moon" - her favorite.
This morning was when I first started thinking about how much fun it would be to have videos of the times they didn't know anyone was watching - Maria saw a jet and said proudly "America" - I'd heard they watched for Momma and said that from the orphanage, but that was my first time to experience it. She immediately started talking in Russian....and Daniel equally as quickly let her know she needed to speak English - "America". Its so fun to actually get to have conversations now and you can even see when Daniel's wheels are spinning trying to come up with a word in English for what he wants to say - he comes up with it sometimes....or goes to play B - the demonstration if its just not there. He's definitely identifying as an American and Momma loves it. When I try to practice my Russian with them Daniel will pretend he doesn't know (I don't think he's really forgetting it - he just doesn't want to speak it).....Daniel tells me "No, you English".....thinking Maria would like to have Russian for a little while longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment