Daniel and Maria have been sleeping great....well, at least they were before they could play outside until bedtime! We've completely lost our wind down time, so we're needing the melatonin that helped them sleep when they first got home. But, I didn't realize this until last night where it really became crystal clear.
I put them to bed at 8 and they went to bed like they have been. Usually in 5-15 minutes there is no sound coming from the bedroom. Last night at 9 I realized I was still hearing noises. I'm in the living room 20 feet or so from them and they are in adjacent separate rooms (and I heard almost nothing). I decided to investigate the noise (and take the melatonin to whoever was awake). So, I get up from my chair and walk down the hall. I hear Daniel whisper to Maria "Maria, Momma's coming put away the books". They were both in their beds reading with the lights off....and I'm wondering how they knew that!
So, melatonin for both of them and back to the living room for mom. At 9:30 I still hear some quiet movement so I go back to investigate. Daniel is sound asleep but Maria is laying in bed, but beside nearly all of her toys and books poured out on the floor (yes, she'll be cleaning that up!). But, I can't help but notice a little shiny stuff on her left eye - looked a little pink. So, I turn on the light to see what is going on and there is pink glittery eye shadow all over her left eye. And, in a grea sense of fashion for glitter eye shadow applied in the dark, blue green eye shadow - equally glittery - applied to the right eye. I had to turn my back to keep from laughing out loud. She finally made it to sleep a few minutes later.
Had no idea that parenting was going to be so entertaining!
1 comment:
lol I always tell my kids, "If you don't lie down and close your eyes you won't be able to go to sleep." This is in response to, "But, I can't go to sleep." Of course not! If you keep playing and never let yourself relax, you'll never get to sleep! Bedtime definitely gets more challenging as the days grow longer.
Post a Comment