We'll see how often we get to post updates, but Momma's computer time is noticeably down! Our favorite room is the playroom closet - so glad we decided to paint it like the playroom.....who needs a playroom. These children enjoy playing together!
We're trying to hold to a schedule which seems to help and they're picking up English very fast - understanding it and the words are coming. I still get "da" for yes, but its generally "no" if they don't want something. They're still saying repeatedly that they don't want to go back to the Deskey Dom. Sure would love to be able to communicate to them that I love them forever, forever, forever and there's no way they're ever going back - or to any place like it.
I'll owe y'all a bunch of pictures, but I never quite seem to have the camera at the computer when I find five seconds to blog.
Halloween was fun at Aunt Gay Lynn's - although I do believe the practicing "trick or treat" at our back door was the most fun. They practiced three times and Babooshka put a dum dum in their bag each time.....somehow she didn't do time #4 to 10! But, they have bags full of candy from trick or treating and then going to the Treats, etc. at Jefferson Baptist Church. It was fun letting them meet people that have prayed, blessed, and encouraged us along the way!
They're loving the swings at a nearby park - and we checked out the local elementary school playground which was super fun. Not sure if they'll attend there or not - playground passes the test at least.
They're loving their bikes - can ride all the way around the block and even stop (as trained by Babooshka) to wait for Momma at each driveway. Training IS occurring, but we have a long way.....who knew there were so many rules in America....seatbelts, no turning on the TV, go to bed when you're supposed to, sit down and eat when everyone else does, stay seated in the bathtub (that's hard for an hour that they like to stay in there!). We've come a long way in a week and they're such a blessing. I'm starting to get sweet kisses from both - and those were slow to arrive for Miss Maria!
Dyadooshka came and installed a fence these last two days to separate the pool from the back yard. That's going to make it nice. The patio has one that really makes a great outdoor play room, then the swingset and seesaw have another fence. We've still got to complete permanent Gustav fence repairs on the side, but we're getting home safer for them - and much more manageable for momma! I'm so grateful for the support of my family.....hate to agree with Hillary on ANYTHING, but it has taken a family (and a big part of a village) anyway to welcome Daniel and Maria home!
No comments:
Post a Comment