Thursday, November 20, 2008

Momma THOUGHT she had it all together.

Tuesday was a horrendous day - we had injuries, spilled dinner plates, another injury Wednesday morning (Maria's little finger got shut in the bathroom door and I was worried we were heading for our first ER visit). It was not that much fun at all for this new mom.! Wednesday after school things were better. They seemed to be back on track. And, after having them come get in bed with Momma three different times throughout the night and me returning them to their beds, I thought it was great when I actually got up a half hour ahead of them, folded two loads of clothes, unloaded the dishwasher, had the oatmeal cooking - I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then, when Daniel got up and I had him dressed for school before breakfast I thought I had it really good. Finally Maria got up and headed for breakfast. About that time - right when I'm feeling so TOGETHER and on top of things - a sheriff's deputy came to the door. I asked him what he needed, but I knew before I answered the door - Daniel had somehow found time to squeeze in his 3rd call to 911 (Maria's hopefully not trying to catch up with her having only done it once!). Momma went and unplugged the offending phone and got knocked back down a notch or two. We're working on training Daniel not to play with buttons and plugs. Obviously, we still have a ways to go!

No comments: