3 weeks ago I'd not guessed we'd be here today, but thanks to Broadmoor Baptist Early Learning Center, both children are doing great and were able to go the entire day. I saw evidence on the way home and at home of just how great they're doing tonight. Yes, I was sad to leave them there knowing that they didn't really "need" me to be home with them and they probably need to be there learning English with their friends than they need to be at home with Momma. Yes, they still need that love and attention - and I hope ALWAYS will, but they really need to learn English and be on a schedule to really function in America.
Here's what let me know that they're enjoying their school:
1) I put in their music CD from school and got TONS of hand motions. It is such a shame that I had to drive home and couldn't just stop and watch. I'm working on the eyes in the back of the head mother thing more every day.
2) Momma didn't quite get supper on the table before we had to go get the American flags out. They like to practice being the Flag Helper for school. I asked if they'd gotten to hold the flag at school and they said DA - we're still working on the "yes".
3) After dinner we practiced the pledge with them holding the flags and them repeating the pledge the entire way - a first.
They're happily chatting away and squirting each other clean in the bathtub (you thought the ducks were just to float in the tub?) while Momma blogs about how precious they are. They are definitely that! I just hate that they have to go to bed in a couple of hours. Weekends are truly going to be special times - the nights are awfully short. I can tell already. Of course, we have time in the morning when they keep getting up at 4 AM!
2 comments:
WOW! This is so amazing. You have reached another milestone. It is incredible that they have been here such a short time and they have fit in so well. God is good!
Awh!!!! You are doing such a great job!!! I am so excited that they are enjoying school, and doing so well. I need to come visit again soon!
Post a Comment