We had a plain old regular Sunday sort of. We went to church - Sunday School started out wild until Momma realized that they do not both need to be in the same class. Maria did great in a class by herself. Daniel did great by himself, but I think it sure made it nice that one of Momma's friends children (C) came in at the same time we came back in and took a special interest in him doing well. That was great! So, we have our plan for next week and beyond. Daniel absolutely loves the music - the only part of church we stayed for. Bro. Byron definitely has a future member of the band. We sat at the back to leave after the music, but the drawback on that was certainly having someone think they could stand in front of Daniel. Momma had to hold him the rest of the time with him keeping the beat!
After lunch and a nap, we had some teacher friends come over and play. One of them had her 3 year old in tow - and he came and whispered to his mom that they didn't speak English - after they'd been playing at least an hour! They play GREAT outside - get a lot wilder inside, so as long as the days are as nice as they are we are trying to entertain outside. We definitely enjoyed Ms. G, Mrs. K's and J's visit. Daniel had another new hobby emerge....think he took as many pictures on Miss G's camera as she did! No, my children are definitely getting less shy all of the time - and the time for warming up to new friends is getting smaller.
Oh.....forgot to mention that the long trip to church is definitely long enough to get car sick. Momma's put a bucket between the car seats - and hoping to pick up some ginger tablets which I hear may help get rid of the issue for a long time.
Babooshka spent last night and will tonight with PawPaw at a hotel. Things have gone great, so I'm not expecting that we'll need Babooshka the whole month we expected she'd stay. I know PawPaw (Dyadooshka) will be happy for that - perhaps she'll head for home at the end of this week. Have I said lately what a huge blessing my mother has been through this whole process? I'm independent, but there'd be NO WAY I could've done this without her - or I doubt I'd have hair left if I had! I'm so thankful to my dad for sharing her for a while as well. Now, we'll be glad to let them start just enjoying their grandchildren - visiting the farm, going on tractor and 4 wheeler rides and coming up with whatever new creative play Babooshka will come up with when all 5 grandchildren are around the farm!
2 comments:
We had fun too!!!! Can't wait to see y'all again!!!
Sounds like you are making progress.
Joy,RR
Post a Comment