On Christmas Eve while doing an ornament exchange at work there were some men's ultra bikini panties thrown into the mix. I couldn't help but laugh, and knew I had to go back and add this story to the blog since things were way too crazy at the time. This blog is something that I want to print out for Daniel and Maria some day, so you'll never get to read anything that I'd rather everyone forget, but this one might embarass Daniel but he'll probably laugh, too - probably would already!
Back in July on the day that I met Daniel I got to watch him swim in the orphanage pool. I was horrified to see that they had all three of them in girl's panties. And, I was so thankful that Daniel didn't have pink floppy ears attached to the back like the other little boy. Naturally, I was happy that he loved the water, but was horrified that they had the boys in girls panties! When I went back for court (trip 2) I took a LOT of boys underwear so that the boys didn't horror of horrors have to wear girl's panties! Fast forward again to trip 3 and picking them up. Once we got to Moscow, we'd brought their swimming suits to entertain them in the few days of waiting around to go home. On our first day there I conveyed that we were going swimming - still not quite sure how I did that now, but Daniel definitely got the message. Daniel immediately stripped out of his clothes and grabbed a pair of Maria's underwear and put on. I rolled - and realized that had I not been there in July to see him swim I would've been scratching my head for sure! We finally cheated and let him keep on Maria's underwear but putting on the swim suit over it. This was a fancy hotel - $600/night but we got to stay free on points - and we were not sure what would happen when we got down the fancy pool area. Sure enough, when we we open the door to the pool area, Daniel is thrilled and immediately strips down to Maria's panties. Babooshka and I were thrilled that the lone swimmer there was a man (ok, we'd have preferred that nobody be there but it was probably better that it was a man by himself once we thought about it). The man didn't speak English or Russian but somehow we managed to get him to show that he was wearing a swimsuit like Daniel had on. Problem solved! We had a great time, but it cracks me up when I think about what would've happened had I NOT seen him swim back in the summer. And, with all of those little boy underpants I brought on trip 2 to keep Daniel and the other boys from having to wear girl panties, Maria was wearing two size too big boy's underwear on the second trip - they were putting them in whatever was handy - except to swim of course!
2 comments:
Hey there! I just wanted to drop a note to say Merry Christmas! Your kids are beautiful and adjusting so well! Love the swimsuit story :) I know you've had a blessed "first Christmas" and wish you many more wonderful years!!
Meredith, RR
I love it! That's so funny! Are those pics from the orphanage or the hotel? I especially liked the part where you had to play charades so the guy at the hotel would show Daniel his swim shorts! LOL!
P.S. Check out my latest post - I think you'll like it!
Post a Comment