Here are a few more pictures from the weekend. We're up to a bit more English with Daniel and Maria every day. So, tonight I decided to ask Daniel what he liked best about America. I loved his answer - HOME! Now, that will make a Momma's day for sure! Clearly Daniel and Maria both love lots of things about America - family is high on the list. They cry every time we leave Aunt Gay Lynn's and Grandma and PawPaw's. They jump up and down every time they get to talk to Callan and Kenna (their cousins that don't even speak Russian - but of course, it is always sweet to hear "ya tibya labloo" from my end because I know they learned "I love you" just for Daniel and Maria). The things we take for granted (my house for me for sure) they hold precious. How much fun it is to see the world a bit through their eyes. It is getting more fun when they can TELL me about it - Momma loves it!
Have I told y'all late how glad I am that my answer was "Yes" when God asked me about adoption and about Daniel and Maria particuliarly? What a blessing it is to see how God weaved Daniel and Maria into our family like they always belonged there - just liked He chose us before the foundation of the world. I'm getting to see real life illustrations every day of how God is so big yet cares about two little children on the other side of the world that would: enjoy our family farm, fit in GREAT with their cousins, love dogs and have an aunt just 10 minutes away that has the most docile of dogs and loves Daniel and Maria, love having a Momma who'd love them back...even as the story continues. God's design is definitely enough to keep me enjoying the journey and knowing even in the rough parts (there are rough parts, too) that God called me to this and He will be faithful to complete the good work He began and He didn't call me to leave me hanging out there on my own. God is good! This week I'll get to go hear Daniel and Marie sing about just how much He loves us in their school Christmas programs - and I'll enjoy it all some more!
1 comment:
What a wonderful testimony! And this is only the beginning of your journey as their mother. I can only imagine the blessings yet to come!
Post a Comment