Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Daniel - my showman
















Daniel's program last night was a wee bit stressful, but I'm smiling tonight looking at the pictures - he actually DID end up doing the same thing as the other children sometimes. Daniel is doing so well with his English that Momma thought he understood that after school, Maria, Aunt Gay Lynn, and Momma would come watch him be a shepherd and sing all of the songs that we've been practicing since the first week of November - and I mean faithfully practicing! So, 45 minutes before program time and time to get in his shepherd outfit, we had many tears. He clearly did not understand, and I didn't know how to explain it. He wanted to go home - and Momma was praying for wisdom - do you just go home and try again next year or would that mean that we leave anything we don't want to do. We stayed. This has definitely been a big learning week on just how much is involved with being a mom - didn't realize quite so much of what my momma did until I walked through this week!










Eventually Daniel wanted Maria to be back there preparing with him (now, that was sweet!) and he ended up coming out OK when the time came to start (and they weren't sure they wouldn't need to slap an angel outfit on Maria - I know she'd have done fine if they had!). There were only 8 pre-K students in the program, and Daniel decided it was quite all right to be in front of the crowd immediately. He pointed to the solo instrumentalist (ok, with everything he had), checked out the microphones to be sure they worked adequately (they did), and was just not nearly the wallflower Momma might've hoped for and expected. Next year I'm hoping we have a great time singing about "baby Jesus" at church, school, and anywhere else we get to. Enjoy some pictures of my best little shepherd and friends along with his Aunt Gay Lynn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that as Daniel checked out the microphone, it was interesting to see all of his classmate's parents realize where the word "POOPKA" came from!!!!! There are less shy bones in his body's than his Aunt Gay Lynn had at that age. Watch out Momma.