Daniel's is in fine form this morning - even surprising his Momma:
He woke up earlier than Maria and Momma was sweeping the kitchen. He came and took over the broom and helped me get our floor cleaned.
Then at breakfast he noticed that his favorite breakfast drink, Danimals yogurt drink was named for him. He held up to the "i" and covered up the rest and said "it says Daniel's yogurt". Momma was very impressed. I told y'all he loved his name - he likes seeing it, saying it.....and now looking for it everywhere!
Then, also at breakfast, he heard Maria asking for "gelp" - what they both asked for in the last few weeks instead of "help". Then, he held his throat and pointed at Maria and explained that it was "help" and not "gelp" trying to even demonstrate how to make the sound. I've been correcting them both on that one, but clearly Daniel now has got it down - not sure where holding your throat helps.
Oh, and at the conclusion of breakfast, Daniel came and jumped in my lap and pointed to himself and said "Baby Jesus". He wanted to be Baby Jesus and sat in my lap for me to rock a while. How I wish I could've rocked him when he was baby Daniel but I'm so glad that I get to love all over he and Maria now!! Every day I love them more and more and appreciate so much the Lord calling me to bring them home.
1 comment:
What a sweetie he is! The Baby Jesus part put tears in my eyes. What a special moment for the two of you. It's so exciting to hear them getting a better grasp of English too!
Post a Comment