Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Water Story

A couple of nights have passed so now I can laugh....which means it needs to be recorded for me to tell my cuties later....remember that is why we have this blog! We were heading home from church Sunday night and Maria and Daniel had ended up with small bottles of water. No problem....its not like I didn't use to eat nearly all of my meals in the car pre-children. So, we're heading home and tragedy of tragedies Daniel inadvertently spilled his bottle of water. He was horrified and upset so Momma's giving as much comfort as she can from the drivers side to the passenger directly behind her in great distress - Daniel. I patted his leg....explained it was an accident and was thinking that I'd done a pretty good job of comforting my disappointed son.

So, I turn around to look at Maria (who sits behind the passenger seat - and usually I'm thinking it would be better for Daniel to be there). I turn around to check on Maria just in time to see her very intentionally POURING her water out all over the floor of the car. I was not thinking kind and wonderful thoughts and I KNEW she knew better. I said "Maria, I know you didn't do that at the detskey dome". She's smiling and saying "no". Smiling!!!!!! Mom's blood pressure went up a little more. Daniel put his biggest smile on and said "Daniel stay in America and Maria can go back to the detskey dome". Laughing hard and Maria joined him.....I'm SOOOOOO glad they know that is not even a possibility. But, I don't think Mom will use the detskey dome (orphanage) example again. Upon further review I suspect we need to learn what the word "ACCIDENT" means - 'cuz Daniel sure got a lot of attention for his accident.

This morning at breakfast Daniel demonstrated what you don't do with your juice so I suspect I don't have to worry about a repeat of that one!

No comments: