Saturday, February 21, 2009

Preschool Mardi Gras
















Yesterday was the preschool Mardi Gras parade followed by the Louisiana food tasting - their classes have been studying about Louisiana this month. Because of Maria's recent illness I really couldn't afford to take off work more, so I asked my aunt, Ellen Anderson, and Maria's Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Amy, to go get to have all of the fun of helping with the "throws". When I walked up, Maria was already sitting on her bike quietly and patiently waiting behind the wagon in front of her. She had the most happy and satisfied look and I just continue to be amazed at how well she's adjusting and enjoying life! Daniel's class rode the parade route after I had to go back to work so I only have a picture of him spectating. Daniel was a fan of the candy that was thrown and wasn't so much of a bead fan. He loved throwing everything hard (what a surprise!) and Maria was throwing ever so gently.
Daniel loved the personal attention and Aunt Ellen stayed for lunch and reported he loved corn bread and red beans....not a jambalaya fan. He's a big sharer and he had a lot of stuff that he told Aunt Ellen just how and when to eat....not a surprise there either, but it was fun hearing about it from Aunt Ellen afterwards....just laughed knowing it was true! Heard Maria loved the boiled shrimp....no surprise there....very little she doesn't like.

No comments: