This week I've been blessed to see Daniel's compassionate heart. There ar e a couple of stories I want to record in their blog for Daniel to know about in the future - this blog is for them someday!
On Thursday in music they were singing about growing up. Miss Felicia asked the children in Daniel's class what they wanted to be when they grew up. Momma was happy to hear that he's going to take care of Momma and Maria when he grows up. Daniel's been a great big brother to Maria, and I'm so glad that he's wanting to be a good provider - hopefully for his own wife and children some day, but I thought that was such a sweet answer!
Daniel's always seemed to like work. This morning we were playing at the neighborhood school playground (the park was full!) and noticed an older man cleaning up limbs in his backyard across the fence. I asked Daniel and Maria if they'd like to go help him. Daniel was quick to say "yes". So, we found the house and went to his backyard. The man was surprised but glad to have the help. My Daniel would take a limb to the street, stack it, and RUN back to get another one. He was much faster than Maria and me - maybe 2 to 1. I love how much Daniel has such a strong work ethic. It will definitely be something that will serve him well for a lifetime!
No comments:
Post a Comment