This week I have been admiring how far we've come. Today is our 6 month "gotcha day" - at least that's when the adoption decree said I was their mom. We have definitely come miles. For some reason I thought this afternoon would be a great time to go shopping - a full basket trip. I was beginning to realize that we have some more training to do very early when they went up to a lady they don't know who I just happened to know to show their cars and baby seal - and share their happiness with the fruit SHE was buying. Yes, it was that kind of day. We made our way to the end with one lady noting that children keep your mind so young - her grandchildren really help her with that too. She passed on by as I wondered to myself if she was thinking I was their grandmother. Off to the checkout we go and I had some help but was mostly loading the whole buggy worth of groceries on the checkout line myself. Guess Daniel wanted some payback for me for the grandmother comment from that lady. I catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye poking on her bunion pad and then he says loudly "Look Momma - a bobo". I did want to crawl in a hole quickly but I'm laughing so hard I'm crying at the moment - now that the car is unloaded!
Lesson of this day: No matter how hard you try, you can not look at two children doing two different things at the same time.....kinda thinking that I need to be watching Daniel next time! Mr. Curiosity is surprising me daily - in my wildest dreams I'd have never dreamed to keep on the lady's bunion pads!
No comments:
Post a Comment