Friday, May 1, 2009

Exhausting week....but special as they all are.

It has been a very full week, but we closed it out in the swimming pool, a quick supper, and off to bed. Bed time is such a special time. Its 9:30 now and they're still not asleep - so much for that thought that swimming would wear 'em out.

We tried telling a few stories tonight. Daniel always likes telling me about the Detskey Dome so I decided to tell him the story of the first time I met him. I told him how Elena went with me on the big plane to Russia and how I got to meet him by himself that first time because Maria had to go to the doctor. I told him he'd told Maria all about us by the time we got back in the afternoon to get to meet them both again. I told him what a good big brother he was to Maria. He interupted me to tell me that Maria is special and he protects her from people who push her in the back (at the Detskey Dome - and no doubt he did that plenty!!). I told him how I'd run back to the hotel to call Grandma, PawPaw, Aunt Gay Lynn, and Aunt Kayla and to email them pictures of them - that about ended the story though when he told me how "special" Maria is - Momma loses it really quick on stuff like that. Maria IS special, but Daniel is every bit as special.

I could hear much motion in the next room so I went to visit with Maria for a few minutes. I sang her the special song that she loves so much "You're a special child, a special child, no one else is quite like you. You're a special child, a special child - I love you." She interupted me about halfway through telling me to sing that Daniel is special. I do have two special children that love each other very much.....Mom sheds more tears.

What a blessing it is to have these two who love each other unbelievably and share some of that love with a mom that loves then right back! God has been good to us!

No comments: