Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A few quickies on swimming.....

.....things I learned just the last few days:

1) There is a reason little girls wear bikinis. Maria now has one or two - one pieces are very hard to get out of when they're wet and impossible to get back on without mom and some injuries.

2) Never fall for the eat and swim thing. Yes, it is an old wives tale that you shouldn't swim for 30 minutes after you eat, but I let them con me into saying "yes" to eat and swim, eat and swim. Mom was left eating and they never took another bite all night.

3) They swim better when mom is on the side. See #2. Prior to our attempt at eating, I was getting much exercise swimming around the pool with two little ones clinging to me tightly in their tubes and swimmies. Amazing how great they can "swim" when they can go eat with mom or swim by theirselves until she gets back in!

4) Even dead bees in the pool need shooting with the water gun.

5) Live dragonflies need to be shot with the water gun, but they needn't worry about actually being hit for now. PETA has no worries.

6) I'm not quite sure how to keep a skinny little guy warm in the pool. Daniel shakes a lot in the pool because he's cold, but has no interest in getting out at all!

7) During the night we learned that we need to start using Swimmer's Ear before/after we get in the pool. Daniel's got swimmer's ear, so we'll be out of the pool for a few days!

I've been so looking forward to being able to enjoy the pool with Daniel and Maria and it is at least as much fun as I envisioned!

2 comments:

Pegsy said...

Sounds like you've been having tons of fun in the water! Sky shivers in the pool too, but he won't get out either! My kids really enjoyed Grandma's pool during our recent trip to Texas! Sorry I've been so absent from blogging, but I'm back now!

Meredith said...

Hey there :) I read along but seldom comment... but had a thought for your little guy. Try the boys' swim shirts, like for surfing. They might help keep him just a little warmer!

Sounds like you're off to the beginning of a fun summer!