Thursday, May 28, 2009

Start to Camp


Daniel and Maria started camp on Tuesday. So far they seem to be enjoying it, but I don't get a lot of feedback about what they like. Daniel was disappointed when I told him he didn't need to take his backpack home every day - he definitely likes bringing his lunch every day - and his pillow and blanket to put in his cubbie. Maria enjoys lunch and coloring. I've noticed already that bandaids are much bigger at camp than they are at school - definitely industrial sized bandaids for playing outside injuries at camp....and the little cute smile when asked about the severity of that awful injury.....nothing!

Daniel told me today "I took a good nap". I sort of shook my head because the first two days I heard that he layed down and watched a movie during nap time. Today he said "they gave us a sucker for sleeping". What you think - sounds like the counselors may have needed a rest from a large group of five year olds - Daniel says there are 10 boys! He's enjoying the boys.

We came home and picked blackberries. They love those each day! And, they're protected by the pool fence/gate so I get to enjoy them with them. They both love them but seem to watch out for each other that they both get enough - and even offer mom one every now and then. I don't love eating them nearly as much as love watching them enjoy them!

No comments: