Yes, it has been almost a week since I've posted. We've had a lot of fun....Disney on Ice with Aunt Gay Lynn, a Mother's Day Breakfast at school....then it happened.....Daniel got sick again right after the breakfast. Daniel's been having a ton of problems with throwing up so he'll be having a bunch more tests to try to figure out what's going with this, but we've had two months of this and it is time for a solution.
On top of that, Maria got sick as she walked into the doctor's office for Daniel on Friday. No, they didn't have the same thing.....she had a fever for most of the weekend. So, we had a sick weekend. In the midst of this we did have a few cute things I wanted to share:
Daniel liked me to lay down beside him for a while when I tuck him in and he says "Listen to me, Momma". I'm supposed to be all ears and I usually want to because I always see those eyes sparkling coming up with something great to tell me. Sunday afternoon for his nap he had a really good one - he told me that at the Detskey Dome that all he ate was candy and that is how he got so tall and strong. No worries, other times he's told me that they mostly had green soup to eat and that matches what I saw them eating. But, he continued on, "momma, I need to eat more candy so I can grow taller and stronger". I, of course, saw that one coming about the time I heard that he's eaten so much candy at the orphanage. That boy keeps those wheels spinning for sure.
The children were interesting and fun to watch at the Disney on Ice show. Maria enjoyed the show. She watched with very little facial expression changes - and many trips to the little girl's room. Daniel on the other hand, ate a snow cone without ever taking his eyes off of the ice skaters. He knew all about ice skating from having watched it on the "little tv at the detskey dome". He clapped, hooped and hollered. Mickey Mouse - or as he says, "Miska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse" was his favorite. They love to make up words that have a Russian sound and the Mickey Mouse Club passwords are the real thing and sound very Russian too. Maria is the queen of the Russian sounding words though. I really need to get with Aunt Elena on the phone soon because I don't think they're speaking any Russian - just Russian sounding words.
1 comment:
Oh, I would love to see Disney on Ice! Figure skating and Disney are definitely the right mix! Cute hats! :-)
Post a Comment