This time last year I was just waking up from a total knee replacement. On that day, who'd have even thought that one year later I'd be waiting anxiously for a date to go and bring my children home from Russia. There's NO WAY I could've kept up with D & M the way things were last year, but now I even ran after D on his bicycle when I was in Russia - and look forward to doing a whole lot of things like that when they get home.
I've had quite a few people ask me about how things with Georgia are impacting things with a date. I'd love for that to be the reason I need to hurry over and get them home, but the agency says thing are proceeding normally and there's no reason to be concerned. They've had people fairly close to the Georgia border have their adoptions go as normal. My region is not close to Georgia.
I've seen the good work that God has already begun in my life through this process and His great provision for D & M to put us together and I remember that I should have faith in the one that is orchestrating this all. I have no reason to expect things to fall apart now. I have HOPE - the confident expectation that D & M will be home soon. I so enjoy seeing the swing set in the back yard and can almost see them playing on it saying higher, Momma...higher (see - I even see them speaking English!). What fun lies ahead!
3 comments:
Now how do you say higher in Russian? You must have been praying for patience and God is trying to help you cultivate it. I didn't pray for it, and I don't want any practice- I am ready for you to go get them. Waiting is NO FUN!!
Kayla
Dear Aunt Markay,
Your note was weird. A possum swimming in the pool- that's silly, really silly. Did you actually save him from drowning or are you just saying that? Do you know where it came from? It looked very weird- kinda like those things that eat snakes more than a possum. I love you.
Callan
Markay,
I'm really hoping you get to travel SOON.
Joy,RR
Post a Comment