Monday, September 22, 2008

Plans are set....sort of

Leaving a week from today....one week's notice. And, I'm leaving with a lot of uncertainty. The agency does not expect that the 10 day wait will be waived, so here's what the plan will be:

My mother and I (yes, I did say my mother!!!) will leave next Monday, arrive in Moscow on Tuesday, immediately leave to go to the region where D and M are. On Wednesday, I believe there is paperwork to do and children to visit I hope!! Thursday will be spent with the children, and Friday will be court. All plans are changed if the 10 day wait is waived, but assuming it is not we'll be heading back to Moscow on October 11th, pick them up on the 13th, do all sorts of paperwork and stuff with our embassy, Russian embassy, and then head home on the 23rd. When the children land in the US in Atlanta, they will be our newest US citizens.

This is going to be such an adventure. Elena has some good stuff going on where she can't go with me this time, but it was such a blessing to have her last time. Momma and I will have so much of a better trip this time because she was there last time....I'll be able to know how much money to give the lady at the internet cafe... know where we can go and eat without assistance...know where we can buy groceries if we want to eat in the room instead.

And, anybody that knows my mother will know, that not only is the whole adoption process a ".....but God" life event, but my mother hasn't flown since 9/11 and had no intention of ever flying again and certainly not to fly out of the country. Every new mom wants their mom there if possible, so I just started out praying on the day I decided to adopt from overseas that Momma would get a passport....just getting a passport. What joy it was when my mother announced that she was getting a passport, and (obviously I changed my prayer along the way that she'd actually go!) today I got to book a ticket for the two of us to go to Moscow! God definitely answers prayer, and I'm so grateful He does!

Its been such a wonderful blessing to see how God has worked in so many areas of life to specifically bring D and M HOME! I don't believe there's a time in life that I've ever seen God so clearly at work and giving me a glimpse along the way of what He's up to. God is showing His full glory in this, and I'm anxious to sit back and say "Yes, Lord" and "Praise God" all along the way!

6 comments:

Carson's Mom said...

Woo Hoo-I can't believe it is finally happening! Oh, and what I really can't believe is that Momma is getting on a plane- and if that isn't enough, to go to Russia. I guess that is a lesson in faith- because I wouldn't have even asked for it.:) I am going to have to get Momma to make you try the food while you are there. We can't wait. You have been well prayed from by all members of the family- especially Kenna.

Kayla

Carson's Mom said...

Dear Aunt Markay,

I hope I can meet M & D soon. And, I hope that M had a nice birthday.

Callan

genmoss said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

There is nothing more to say! :)

Praying for y'all!!!

Love,
Genevieve

Shelley said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! And, I'm happy that your mother is going with you. What a blessing that will be! Praying for an easy process and everything to fall into place. I can't wait to finally see pictures!

orphans4me said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were leaving so soon. Congrats and I will enjoy your journey, too :)
Joy,RR

orphans4me said...

Exciting, exciting events ahead. May God give you peace for every step.
Joy,RR