I'm happy to report that life is getting just plain old ordinary - or at least as ordinary as it can be with two very interesting children. We finished off the work week with church pictorial directory photos Friday night. Mom was wishing it could be at a different time because I've been sick really off and on for two weeks and still wasn't feeling that great, but we hurried home and got everyone fixed up for pictures only to go up and wait for an hour (when will Mom learn to take colors even if I don't want them wallering on the floor to color they love doing it and its a great distraction they enjoy). We survived and realized they really do enjoy dressing up. Afterwards we headed to Wendy's for a late dinner. They can certainly entertain me with their thoughts and Daniel loved studying the proofs - in black and white none of which we purchased!
On Saturday we sort of took it easy because mom still wasn't feeling so great. I'd called Daniel and Maria in to watch the alligators (their new favorite pretend animal) get tested for West Nile on "Dirty Jobs" when unexpectedly an alligator swiped the announcer in a spot that would hurt Daniel a lot more than it would've hurt Maria and Momma. A few hours later, Daniel was taking Maria's blood and checking for West Nile. I was amazed at how much they copied the "Dirty Jobs" show - Maria (the alligator) squirmed when Daniel took her blood and even though she didn't squirm within a foot of him he play acted the announcer's inadvertent injury with everything he had. He is a hilarious showman....of course, I already knew that. I'm not sure how many more nature shows will be added to their usual limited diet of Noggin shows, but they loved that show. Maria pretended to be a friendly alligator all weekend - snaps and growls but doesn't bite Momma in case you were wondering what a friendly alligator is.
Sunday was more interesting than I'd hoped. We got ready for church and headed out the door. All was wonderful until Daniel got sick about 10 steps from the SS building door. He was quite sick and Mom had to find a deacon that could help clean up the mess. Maria didn't want to leave church without going so she went with a friend I called on my cell who was walking in and Daniel and I went home. Daniel was some kind of sick for a about 6 hours but he's fine and back at camp today. He's getting sick less often these days but it was not that much fun for any of us for a few hours yesterday. All day yesterday I heard that they wanted to watch the alligator show so Mom's gotta start watching for alligator shows.
They're continuing to enjoy camp. This week Daniel has his first field trip for a movie. They love their Friday water slide days especially but both assure me that it is very different from school. They both miss their teachers they loved so much at preschool but would skip right through summer in a heartbeat to start big school early - they can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment