Monday, June 6, 2011

Growing up!

Last night was probably the first time aside from school or a Parent's Night Out that I've taken Daniel and Maria to something where my presence wasn't needed. It was to Vacation Bible School at an unfamiliar church - one that has VBS at night. Its sounds nice to have 2 1/2 hours to grocery shop of whatever, but I must confess to being a bit antsy after the groceries were in the car. I knew I had plenty of time to go put them away at home and be back in plenty of time - a rare treat, but I sure found myself curious and a bit anxious about how they were doing. Were they making friends? Were they enjoying themselves? What were they learning? So.....I went to the church to take a peek. I was MADE instantly by Daniel waiting to go to the music class and standing outside on a second floor landing. He hollered "Momma, why are you here?" My heart was glad immediately! That little expression clearly laced with a little mild disappointment and turning immediately back to his new friends just made my night. He's getting a little independent!

Now, four more nights this week of VBS. Won't be needing to peek in.....laundry...bathrooms.....a little extra time at the office. Who knows, but I know they'll be having a great time and that's fine with mom!

No comments: